The Call for Papers for the AAG 2012 Annual Meeting in New York is underway. Remember, the deadline to submit sessions and abstracts for the 2012 Annual Meeting is September 28, 2011. The tips below will help you get started.
Once you have decided on a session category and have prepared your title and description, you may want to use the Session Collaboration Board to announce your own call for papers. You can also search the submitted abstracts for relevant papers.
Posting a Call for Papers
Follow these steps to announce your call for papers to the Session Collaboration Board:
- Register for the meeting online at www.aag.org/cs/annualmeeting/register_to_attend
- Proceed to the Abstract and Session Submission Console from the Call for Papers web page at www.aag.org/cs/annualmeeting/call_for_papers.
- Once on the console page, you will see the Session Collaboration Board at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the “New Post” button in order to place a notice about your proposed session.
- Click on the “Search Abstracts” button in order to search abstracts that have already been submitted.
Submitting a Completed Organized Session
Once you have gained enough participants in your session to submit a complete session, follow these steps to submit your completed session to the conference:
- Have your session participants register for the annual meeting, submit an abstract – if necessary – and provide you with their program identification number (PIN). You will need to use the PINs to add each participant to your session.
- Proceed to the Abstract and Session Submission Console from the Call for Papers page atwww.aag.org/cs/annualmeeting/call_for_papers
- Click on the “New Session” button and follow the instructions to complete the online form.